Saturday, May 31, 2008
New Resident Evil 5 Trailer on GameTrailers
New Resident Evil 5 trailer (HD) - skip to the middle
New Resident Evil 5 trailer (SD)
New Resident Evil 5 trailer (on youtube)
Hopefully they will post up a downloadable HD version soon. Anyway, very interesting trailer here. It shows us a lot more details about the new enemies that Chris will be facing and also gives us a better look at the new dark-skinned female character. There is also a neat little reference to Jill Valentine at the end of the trailer. The blond girl (Sherry?) still has yet to be shown though:
I'm hoping that there will be an even newer trailer at E3.
A few things to note from the new trailer:
* Enemies have a parasite that infects their bodies and remains inside, similar to Las Plagas.
* The parasite can protrude from their mouth similar to a Reaper from Blade II except this is an actual parasite instead of the mouth and it can seperate into four appendages in order to grab your character. The parasite can extend very far from the mouth also as shown in the trailer.
* The mouth parasite can grabble the head of your character - imagine the death animation from this, if there is one.
* Chris can take down several enemies with his new punching melee attack.
Very interested to see if these new attacks are on-screen command based after a specific animation like in RE4 or is there a special button to press exclusive to these moves... or are these some sort of counter that may be performed after a dodge?
* Chris has an uppercut melee attack.
* A new Cerberus-like (dog-like) enemy is shown.
* Enemies can still sort of "Plagas out" (head splits open) when shot like in Resident Evil 4. Not to say that these parasites are Plaga.
* A few weapons in Chris' arsenal include the machine gun, shotgun, knife and sniper rifle.
* Chris can use a lantern for a light source while in the dark cave shown - which has some very cool lighting effects, I might add.
* The enemies that look down upon Chris from up high and push some pillars down at him have some deformed mutated faces from a side view.
* A new enemy appears with a very gruesome looking chainsaw. He wears a potato sack-like bag over his head with a hole for one eye to look through.
* The new female character appears to be black. Possibly a local?
* "No worries. My last partner was a woman too."
* A quick glimpse of a worm-like parasite is shown at the end with some blood dripping to the left of it.
The Official Resident Evil site has also started counting upward on the bottom as the bottom countdown ended. Once the bottom countdown ended it started at 25:00:01 and is now counting upwards. ...?
thanks to SolidSnakex from the neoGAF forums for the gifs.
UPDATE (5/31 - later in the day, haha. ;p)
New Official Resident Evil 5 site is now live. It showcases the two main trailers and a few pics that we have already seen but it also has some most interesting wallpapers in the downloads section:
As you can see, the second wallpaper is completely new. I believe the second wallpaper is actually showing us a new character - labeled "Josh". And it seems the new female character's name is "Sheva"... can't make out the second letter in the handwriting all that well. You can also see a much better glimpse of her tatoo on her left arm.