Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Poll #2 - Upcoming Games

Quite a few interesting games will be released within the coming months. Which ones are you planning on picking up?

Here's my thoughts on the game's listed in the poll:

-- Assassin's Creed

I'm interested in this, but I'll only get it if I have enough when it is released. Really I could see myself doing without this game for this year. I'm a little undecided at the moment.

[ ] Buy [X] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

War games are not my cup of tea.

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

From the moment it was announced, I have planned on picking this up. A Dracula X 3-D remake, the original Dracula X, and a (supposedly) enhanced Symphony of the Night. What's not to love if you're a Castlevania fan?!

[X] Buy [ ] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Even though I love FFXII a bunch, I probably won't be picking this up.

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

It's hard not to get this since I absolutely love the original FFT. I'm still deciding on this one.

[ ] Buy [X] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

No PS3 and also I don't really like the Ratchet games that much from what I've played of them.

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Partially the reason why I bought the Wii. All other games will be put aside when this is in my Wii console. An extremely positive buy.

[X] Buy [ ] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Silent Hill Origins

A definite buy. I haven't watched too many trailers for this so it will be all new to me. I just hope that the lack of a second analog doesn't mess up the experience of the game. I have a feeling that it won't, but you never know.

[X] Buy [ ] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Super Mario Galaxy

If I do buy another Wii game this year then it will most likely be this, but at the moment I don't plan on buying it.

[ ] Buy [X] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm not much of a fan of multiplayer games, I guess since I don't have many people to play games with, but even if I did, I still prefer a single player experience over all else, so Brawl doesn't interest me that much. I still haven't played Super Smash Bros. Melee yet.

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

Before playing Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, this release didn't even cross my mind. After playing Dark Mirror, I would love to try this out if I have the extra money to afford it (while still holding onto enough for the main games that I want). The story to this one looks very interesting judging from the trailers that I have seen.

[ ] Buy [X] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

To be honest, I am tired of Zelda games. Twilight Princess was great, but they just don't interest me like they used to. I actually enjoyed Wind Waker more than Twilight Princess, so Phantom Hourglass may be somewhat enjoyable, but I'd rather just skip it.

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- The Orange Box [Half-Life 2]

I heavily enjoyed Half-Life 2 on my first time through and this is really one of the best $60 buys that I see for the 360 this year, but then there's Virtua Fighter 5 there too, and I want to make sure to have enough cash for that. I may try to get this later in the year though, but not on release date.

[ ] Buy [X] Maybe [ ] No Buy

-- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

If I had a PS3 then I would be excited about this game. It looks really fun and it's from the makers of the Jak and Daxter series, which I enjoyed quite a bunch!

[ ] Buy [ ] Maybe [X] No Buy

-- Virtua Fighter 5

I must have this. I wanted it during the summer when it was delayed and I still want it just as bad right now. This game needs to release so I can satisfy my fighting game needs. It needs to release now.

[X] Buy [ ] Maybe [ ] No Buy

EDIT: Forgot to list Mass Effect (X360) on the poll and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii) for the Europe readers.

2 comments:

Nish said...

A nice list with some sensible conclusions unlike mine.

Didn't know you were a big VF5 fan. It was the first game I bought for the PS3 but I haven't played it much for a while. I also have the huge VSHG stick from Sega, which I picked up in Japan too. I must go back to it - it's an immense game.

Berserker said...

Yeah, I really liked VF4 a bunch. I still haven't played VF5 but from what I have seen it looks just like VF4 only better.

The main thing I enjoyed about VF4 was the amount of dedication that it took to get good with each character. I feel as if I am always learning when playing with any character - Akira is my main pick from the roster.