Thursday, October 25, 2007

Current Gaming - Syphon Filter 3

Finished Syphon Filter 3 a few days ago. I was quite suprised at how the story turned out for this one - it was rather boring.

Gabe and the rest of his crew are called to testify in a hearing at Washington and a good chunk of the missions take place during flashbacks. The characters will start to testify then the mission will begin and you basically play through each character's testimony description. This would be fine if the flashback missions were made more interesting. Most of them are are boring missions with little emphasis on the main plot of the game. They feel like filler missions. Even some of the missions that aren't flashbacks felt watered-down and thrown in.

The story gets better toward the end of the game however. There is one twist, but it still wasn't really enough to change my feeling toward the game.

Overall Syphon Filter 3 was ok, but I really can't see myself playing through it again.

I'm very glad that I played through the old Syphon Filter games on PS1 however. I was missing out on a very interesting action series.

In other news, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is out right now in the US, and I should be receiving that either tomorrow or next week. I chose to order from Gamestop.com in order to get a free Simon Belmont figure - I'm a sucker for freebies. Being a cheapass, I chose the free shipping, so I have to wait a bit.

No comments: